Travelling Nurse Agency
As a travelling Registered Nurse (RN), you will have the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of working in a travel nurse agency. You can meet new people, make new friends, and see new places.
With an exciting job that also provides financial rewards and personal satisfaction, the travelling nurse industry continues to expand with new opportunities. In this blog post, we will discuss everything you need to know about being a travelling nurse.
From what it takes to become a traveling nurse, to how you can start your own travelling nurse agency if that’s something you’re interested in doing. We’ll cover all of that and more.
What Is a Travelling Nurse?
A traveling nurse is an RN who travels to different locations to work at different hospitals on a short-term basis. Most travelling nurses work for 2-3 months at one location, then move to a new location for 2-3 months.
The average pay for a travelling nurse is $60 per hour. The amount you can expect to make depends on which state you work in and the type of shift you work.
If you’re a travelling nurse, you’ll typically sign a contract with a travel nurse company. The travel nurse company will place you at a hospital that needs nurses.
You’ll typically work at different hospitals during your assignment terms. If you’re looking to become a travelling nurse, make sure to do your research. There are many scams out there and you don’t want to get scammed.
Why Become a Travelling Nurse?
As a travelling nurse, there are many benefits associated with the job. First and foremost, you get to travel! That alone is a huge reason to become a travelling nurse.
If you love travel and new experiences, becoming a travelling nurse is a great option for you. As a travelling nurse, you will earn a good salary. RNs earn an average of $60 per hour, so you could make anywhere between $28,000 and $35,000 per assignment.
The exact amount you earn will depend on where you work and which shift you work. When it comes to benefits, some companies offer health insurance, paid time off, and 401Ks.
How to Become a Travelling Nurse?
If you are interested in becoming a travelling nurse, the first step is to decide where you want to travel to. Here are a few places that are great for travelling nurses. - The Pacific Coast - Colorado - The Southwest - The Southeast - The Northeast - The Midwest - Texas - Florida
The New York City area You can search for a travel nurse company online. A lot of travel nurse agencies are legitimate and have good track records. You can also join a travel nurse group on Facebook like Travel Nursing Central.
They often have job listings posted. When you find an agency or group that you like, apply for a job. You’ll have to go through a background check, drug test, and have a clean criminal record.
Make sure to go through with everything you sign up for. Once you pass all the requirements, you are good to go.
Things to know before becoming a travelling nurse
- It’s important to understand that the travel nurse industry is a hustle. If you’re someone who likes to always have control, you might not like being a travelling nurse.
There are a lot of things out of your control, so you’ll have to let go of some of your control issues. - There is a high turnover rate in the travel nurse industry.
Not all travel nurses come back after their first contract, so don’t be surprised if some of your colleagues don’t come back. This isn’t something bad or wrong, it is just the nature of the industry. - You will have to be flexible.
The majority of travel nurses work nights and weekends. If you have family, you’ll have to be very flexible with your schedule. If you have kids, you’ll have to plan your travel dates around your kid’s school calendar.
13 Tips for Traveling Nurses
- Be flexible - Be open-minded - Stay organized - Keep in touch with loved ones - Stay healthy - Stay safe - Stay disciplined - Be patient - Be honest - Be prepared - Be open to new experiences - Be a team player Keep these tips in mind if you want to become a travelling nurse. If you want to become a travelling nurse, you’ll have to be flexible, patient, open-minded, and a team player.
3 Key Takeaways
If you want to enjoy all the benefits of working as a travelling nurse, it’s important to do your research and find a reputable travel nurse agency.
If you want to become a travelling nurse, you’ll have to be flexible, open-minded, and willing to let go of some control. If you want to become a travelling nurse, make sure to follow these tips.
Now that you know what it takes to become a travelling nurse and the benefits of being a travelling nurse, it’s time to see what the future holds for this industry. Here’s what the future of travel nursing looks like.
Stay Informed - Trends and Stats
- Rising demand for travel nurses - Growth of the contract nursing industry - Shift from private duty nursing to travel nursing - Increase in the use of telehealth - More and more people travelling outside of the country for medical tourism - More and more healthcare facilities outsourcing their services - The rise of private equity investment in the travel nursing industry - These are just a few trending statistics that show the future of travel nursing.
Technology and Automation
- Technology will continue to advance and change the travel nursing industry. There will be more businesses and healthcare facilities that will use technology to manage their travel nurses.
This will make travel nursing easier and more efficient.
- There are a lot of regulations in many states. There are also a lot of changes in regulations as they are updated. This can be good or bad.
If you’re working with a legitimate travel nurse agency, they’ll be aware of any new regulations and will make sure you pass all the required tests.
Now that you know what the future of travel nursing looks like, it’s time to decide if this is the right path for you.
The future of travel nursing is bright, full of opportunities, and offers many benefits. It may be challenging at times, but it’s an exciting journey for sure.
If you’re interested in becoming a travelling nurse, make sure to follow the tips we’ve provided in this article.